TELLAL’s provisions delivered in Arabic language. برامج معهد تلال المقدمة باللغة العربية
All of TELLAL’s training provisions reflect the unique cultural dynamics of the United Arab Emirates, and this is evident nowhere more than in our teacher training programmes delivered in Arabic language.
TELLAL offers a range of fully supported teacher development and training pathways for Arabic and Islamic teachers, as well as teachers of other subjects taught in Arabic language.
Professional Development Training
- Teacher Development Programme TDP. This programme targets the development of pedagogical skills of practicing Arabic and Islamic teachers through a series of learning units designed specifically for this purpose.
- TELLAL Train-the-Trainer Programme (TTT) for Practicing Arabic and Islamic teachers who are interested in becoming Teacher Trainers to professionally support their colleagues in the field. Participants engage in training on how to develop as a trainer and how to design training materials.
- KHDA Assessment Preparation workshops for Arabic and Islamic teachers in Dubai (for written and oral exams), where they receive support on how to address and the examination questions by raising their pedagogical understanding and their awareness of the different kinds of planning for teaching.
KHDA Competence Programmes
- Teacher Preparation for Competence (TP4C) – preparation for all Arabic and Islamic Studies teachers who are applying for UAE Teacher Licensing, including preparation for TELS UAE examinations, building an E-portfolio and doing needs analysis aligned with the UAE teacher standards, as well as providing support for English language proficiency and writing a reflective statement.
- KHDA approved CPLD – Compulsory Professional Learning and Development Courses that all teachers across the Emirates are required to obtain from a recognized provider as part of their licensing requirements. Teachers engage in 6 compulsory courses: child safety and protection, dealing with people of determination, wellbeing, moral education, diversity and sustainability.
KHDA Approved Qualifying Programmes:
- Teach Best Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice ATP – Generalist Route for graduates and teachers of subjects where Arabic is the medium of instruction. (UAE Level 7).
- Teach Best Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice ATP – Arabic Specialist Route for Arabic teachers only.*
- Teach up International Professional Certificate in Peaching Practice iPgCPP – for Arabic and Islamic teachers, as well as teachers of subjects where Arabic is the medium of instruction. (UK Level 6 – UAE Level 7).
Click on the links below to learn more about these programmes.