A fundamental part of TELLAL’s mission is to contribute to advancing the standards and practice of education globally. Through our unique partnerships, we are uniquely positioned to lead educational research and foster knowledge exchange.
TELLAL’s Research and Knowledge Exchange Centre acts as incubator for existing and original practice and offers an open system of exchange. We help teachers develop the skills and framework to conduct small-scale, schools-based research projects, empowering schools to take an evidence-approach to changes in teaching and leadership.
We also work in collaboration with GEMS Education, leading international higher educational institutes and government/federal Departments of Education around the world on large-scale educational research projects which contribute to our mission of furthering global education.
TELLAL is currently supporting projects in schools to:
- investigate current and emerging issues within international education contexts
- investigate and develop collaborative evidence-based solutions for teaching practice issues
- pilot the use and application of cutting edge technologies and high quality classroom resources to support the quality of student outcomes
TELLAL’s key partner projects include:
- High Performance Learning Schools — a social enterprise that works with schools and teachers to help good schools to become world class and to enable many more students to achieve highly. Tellal is working with a set of 8 GEMS schools on a two-year programme to adopt the High Performance Learning approach and enable them to achieve the High Performance Learning Award and ultimately join this elite group of world-class schools.
- Harvard Project Zero — this project, in collaboration with Harvard University, aims to promote schools as communities of innovation that will provide young people with the kind of education that will help them to survive and thrive in a dynamic and complex world.