TELLAL offers an approved KHDA Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice (ATP) teacher training qualification. The qualification is offered as several routes. Based on a ‘validation’ agreement with Liverpool Hope University (LHU) (UK), any candidate successfully completing the TELLAL ATP qualification will have the opportunity to also exit with a professional graduate or postgraduate qualification from Liverpool Hope University (LHU).
TELLAL is the first and only institute in the region to offer teaching training qualifying routes via a practice-based training pathway known as School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT).
As a SCITT trainee teacher, you’ll benefit from learning ‘on the job’ from day one.
Because our teacher training is schools based, you’ll be able to put teaching theory into practice immediately and gain invaluable understanding of the school environment and the teaching profession.
Until you are ready to teach on your own, you’ll be heavily supported by the teachers in your school.
You’ll have an appointed mentor to support you while you train and, what’s more, as a TELLAL trainee teacher, you’ll be part of a school network. Not only does this give you an extended support network of experienced and passionate teaching peers, but you’ll also have the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the best teaching mentors and educators in the world.
There are opportunities to earn while you learn.
Some of our teaching training pathways offer salaried classroom positions, giving you the opportunity to have an income while you study.
You’ll graduate with exceptional employment opportunities. Although you’ll be a qualified teacher, you’ll be just starting your career in education. At every step of the journey, you’ll be backed by world of the continuous learning opportunities and professional support that being part of TELLAL brings.
TELLAL Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice (ATP) Pre-service Qualifying Routes
There are three ATP routes which lead to three distinct KHDA approved teaching qualifications:
- Teach Best Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice (General Route)—a pre-service teacher training route aimed at graduates who want to be a Primary or Secondary teacher who currently have no educational qualifications. This route is delivered in delivered in English and Arabic
- Teach Best Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice (Arabic Language A and B Route)—a pre-service teacher training route aimed at graduates, who currently have no educational qualifications and who want to be an Arabic Language teacher for native or non-native students.
- Teach Best Apprenticeship in Teaching Practice (Early Years Route) — a pre-service teacher training route aimed at graduates who want to be an Early Years teacher and who currently have no educational qualifications.
Features of each route:
- 10 month training programme
- opportunity for those who have experience and who are operating at ‘Good’ or above in terms of competence, to effectively ‘fast track’ part of the training via the process of Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). Please note this would still require all learning outcomes being evidenced and met.
- benchmarked and quality assured against the UAE QFE Level 7 (by TELLAL Institute)
- a minimum of one month’s experience of working with children is a requirement at application
- a salaried route is available for exceptional candidates
Opportunity to exit with a pre-service Liverpool Hope University (LHU) UK Award at Level 6 and Level 7
TELLAL has established a collaborative partnership with Liverpool Hope University. This partnership is one of ‘validation’. In this context the international partner (LHU) acts as an additional quality assurance body to safeguard the standards of its own awards and the quality of the student learning opportunities for those registered for its provision.
In choosing Liverpool Hope University as an international partner TELLAL has sought out a provider of teacher training that itself specialises in applied professional learning that include significant placement in schools. It is engaged in school-led teacher education via ‘School Direct’ and SCITT (School-centred Initial Teacher Training).
Liverpool Hope University fully understands the distinction between applied learning and the more traditional higher education learning that is made in the UAE and has entered into the validation arrangement on that basis.
Based on the validation agreement with Liverpool Hope University, participants have the opportunity to exit with an international qualification as well as TELLAL’s qualification:
- iPGCTP (International Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching Practice – Level 7)
- iPgCTP (International Professional graduate Certificate in Teaching Practice – Level 6)
Other International Qualifications Available:
In-service Liverpool Hope University (LHU) UK Award at Level 6
iPgCPP (International Professional graduate Certificate in Professional Practice)
International qualification aimed at already qualified teachers wishing to enhance their existing qualification.
In-service Liverpool Hope University (LHU) UK Award at Level 7 for Educational Leadership
iPGCertEL (International Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership)
International qualification aimed at teachers aspiring to become leaders or leaders who are seeking to actualise their potential as leaders (from teacher leaders, to middle leaders, senior leaders etc.)
If you are interested in applying for any of the above qualifications please click this link.
Select any of the links below to find out more about our CACHE programmes: