CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Children & Young People’s Speech, Language & Communication
This qualiﬁcation develops the knowledge and skills necessary to work in roles that support students in the area of speech, language and communication such as: Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Learning Support Assistants and Special Needs Assistants. To gain the qualification learners will need to achieve 12 credits covering:
- support speech, language and communication development;
- support children and you people’s speech, language and communication skills;
- support positive practice with children and young people with speech, language and communication needs.
What do I need?
- working with children in a school setting within Dubai
- a good knowledge of the English language;
- access to a PC and the internet for the duration of the whole course;
- basic computer skills: e.g Word processing, emailing, uploading documents ;
- a professional reference.
How is the course taught?
Total Guided Learning Hours for the Award is 80 hours which is completed through direct observations, assignments, projects and self-reflection of your own skills and knowledge. This is accessed through an online learning system ‘Laser Learning’ available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
All learners on this course will be registered to a personal assessor for 12 months who is contactable via email/ Skype. We also have a team of dedicated advisers to help with any course related queries. The assessor’s role is to support each learner for the entire duration of their studies. This course is completed using continual assessment, allowing the assessor to closely monitor progress every step of the way. Therefore no examination is required.
How will I be assessed?
All units are internally assessed through the use of ‘Laser Learning’.
Methods of assessment include:
- direct observations in the workplace;
- written assignments;
- individual reflections, plans and written records;
- professional discussions;
- task set by CACHE to assess knowledge.
The qualification will be marked as pass or refer and all the assessment criteria of all the above units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass. Completion of the award is between 6 months- 1 year depending on each learner.
What does it lead to?
You could progress to the CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF). You will need to be working to complete this certificate as you will be assessed demonstrating competency in related skills.
Cost: AED 8,000
Prices exclude VAT, which will be added at a rate of 5% in a single upfront payment.
Apply today – complete the application using the link below.
If you would like further information, email: email@example.com