As another academic year is drawing to a close, lots of people will be thinking about next steps and potential career choices. Graduates will be considering what their future holds and which roles might fit with their skill set. Parents with children moving up the educational ladder might be thinking about starting a new career. Whatever your motivation for looking forward, if you have passion, curiosity and would like to make a difference, it is highly likely that teaching as a career could be right for you!
What are the benefits of Teaching as a Career?
A career in education, particularly for a teacher is one of the most rewarding you can have. Teachers inspire, support and encourage students from all walks of life to be inquisitive, inclusive and innovative. Their guidance and influence are often felt for years afterward and can have a profound impact on who they become. Even certain famous faces have credited past teachers for changing their lives and helping them become who they are, including Oprah Winfrey, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Maya Angelou, John Legend and Bill Gates. For young graduates who may not be completed certain of their career path, there are some unique attributes that come with teaching. Here are just some of the things to consider:
- It’s an adventure. The truth is you never know where your future could take you when you become a teacher. Particularly with an internationally recognised certification like our Diploma in Global Teaching Practice, you could end up travelling the world and working with children and students in a multitude of different places or even learning a new language!
- You can build lifelong connections. As well as potentially being a long-term influence on your students, teaching is a chance to explore new cultures and make new friends in diverse environments that will be with you forever. This is wonderful for your own personal development, but it will also make you a better teacher for your students as you grow and learn as an educator.
- It is a reputable career choice. Teaching is one of the oldest and most respected careers in the world. Given how the demand for teachers is only growing, it is a great choice for those looking for stability and security.
- There is so much variety. Not only are there teaching roles in every country, there are so many varieties to choose from in terms of type of role and school environment, including working with under-privileged children to provide essential educational support.
- The possibilities are endless. No matter how you start out, there is no end to where your career in education could take you. Those that enjoy being a teaching assistant can train to be a teacher, teachers can become specialist subject leaders or school leaders and beyond. Here at TELLAL we offer a range of course for existing teachers to grow their career prospects from Middle Leaders to Senior Leaders to our Train the Trainer
The Benefits of the Diploma in Global Teaching Practice
If you are interested in teaching as a career and want to explore your options in terms of training programmes and courses, here is some background information on our Diploma in Global Teaching Practice.
- It is a comprehensive programme that can be completed in only 10 months, getting you in a role faster.
- It awarded by Qualifi and approved by both KHDA and Ofqual so participants can be confident of obtaining the right qualification to begin their teaching journey in Dubai.
- It is a full-time course that provides a balance between TELLAL Trainer theory sessions and in-school placement sessions. This blended learning approach allows for greater retention levels and improved skills development.
- Participants are supported by an experienced teacher mentor throughout the placement.
- Through our partnership with GEMS Education we can offer participants exciting in-school placements in some of the top institutions in Dubai. This type of on-site training is not only beneficial for learning, it can help participants make connections that will lead to potential employment on completion of the course.
If you would like to talk to one of the TELLAL team about our new Diploma in Global Teaching Practice, course information sessions or how to register, please get in touch via +971 (0)4 403 5146 or email@example.com